Skip to content ↓

Pupil Premium

Don’t let your child miss out!

Did you know that extra money through Pupil Premium could be available to help your child’s 

learning and development?

Pupil Premium: what is it? 

Pupil Premium is extra government money which is paid to schools to support children’s learning and development.  Parents apply and if they meet the criteria, funds are given to the school.

Who could benefit from this money?

 Children from Reception to Year 11 may be eligible if they:

  • Are registered for Free School Meals (FSM)
  • Have been registered for FSM at any point in the last 6 years
  • Are or have been in care
  • Have parents in the Armed Forces

If you receive any of these benefits, you can apply:

  • Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to 3 of your most recent assessment periods)
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guarantee element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

How do I apply for Pupil Premium funding for my child?

Firstly, you need to find out if you can register your child for Free School Meals (FSM). You can do this a few months before your child starts school.  It is important to register your child for FSM, even if you are going to send a packed lunch every day.  Children who are registered for Free School Meals (FSM) are automatically entitled to Pupil Premium (PP).

You can call yourself to find out if you can register for FSM on any of these numbers:

  • 0116 305 6588
  • 0116 305 7093
  • 0116 305 2740

*Remember: your child isn’t automatically registered for FSM, even though all infant children are entitled to a free school meal

We can support you in finding out if your child could receive the extra money. If you require any further information or assistance, do not hesitate to get in touch with:

Mrs C. Groenewald - Parent Officer on: 0116 2712261