Launde Primary School Curriculum
How do we choose what to do?
Please find below the whole school curriculum statement.
Please use the links to the left to see each individual year group curriculum content.
Below you will also be able to read our statement about how we promote British values in our school.
What do we believe in?
We want our pupils to be empowered to make a difference in the world, to have the confidence to be who they want to be. We believe that children learn best when they are engaged in the subject and are given the opportunity to recall information in different ways. We aim to teach less, well.
We know we are the profession that teaches all professions and the responsibility that comes with this.
Pupils at Launde are inspired to be the best they can be in the following ways.
Have the confidence to speak in front of others:
- Assemblies delivered by the children, class and whole year group, Christmas
- Class presentations on themes such as countries, World Week
- Sharing ideas, understanding in all lessons
- Debating incorporated into lessons
- School Council, Road Safety Officers deliver assemblies
Respect family and understand the responsibilities of this:
- Launde family theme through assemblies
- Behaviour strategy is based on respect and family
- Coaching of children who ‘fall out’ in regard to being future citizens
- Staff model this and are a team
- Family ethos in school
Have high aspirations:
- High expectations of presentation of all work
- Standards taught through achievement assembly each week
- Awareness of different job opportunities through biannual aspirations event, Bonanza
- PSHE teaching
- Curriculum teaching, often in context of skills needs for professions
- School visits - 1 a term to widen variety of places children attend.
- School environment celebrates children’s work