Online Learning - Microsoft Teams
Learning at home
Whether children are at home as they are self isolating or whether their class has been asked to work at home, they can use Microsoft Teams to access learning. We call it blended learning where they learn at home and at school.
Children have been given their own username and password.
Their teachers will use Microsoft Teams to upload files and assignments.
The instructions about how to download the Teams App are below. For your child's personal username and password, please refer to the letter we sent home and emailed out to each family. The office will be able to help if you need further support.
Microsoft Teams has been set up to be a safe platform for our pupils. It can only be accessed by school members of staff and school pupils. Children cannot message outside of the school.
Sometimes, they may want to do research using the Internet. If they are, please ensure that your child is aware of how to use the Internet safely and tell their parents which sites they are using so they are monitored by an adult.
Here are the rules we use in class:
Here are some SMART rules to keep you safe online:
- Never open any emails or reply to emails from strangers. If you aren't sure, tell an adult.
- NEVER give your address, telephone number to someone else, especially strangers
- Don't agree to meet up with anyone without telling your parents.
- If someone sends you an email that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell an adult.
- If you see a website that makes you unhappy or uncomfortable, tell an adult.
- Ask permission before entering a competition or contest.
- Always ask permission before downloading anything from the Internet.